As part of WordPress 5.0, WordPress has a brand new content editor called Block Editor (known as Gutenberg). Gutenberg is installed by default when you install or update to WordPress version 5.0. Nowadays Gutenberg is still a long way from competing with a full website builder platform and at the moment the functionality of blocks and grid are limited. WPBakery Page Builder and other page builders are a far more advanced, professional page building tool and will obviously present the much more powerful and attractive alternative. Anyway from now on, the Gutenberg Block Editor is part of the WordPress core.
We’ve already built Gutenberg compatibility into Uncode, which means that all of the sites that you’ve built with Uncode are ready to go with WordPress 5.0. In the following article you can find important related info.
Use WPBakery Page Builder with WordPress 5.0
If you've upgraded to WordPress 5.0 and you are no longer able to use the Page Builder, please follow:
- Update to Uncode 1.9.3 (or higher), update the required plugins and make sure you have selected the Disable Gutenberg Editor option in the WPBakery Page Builder → General Settings, screenshot . When updating the theme don't forget to update Uncode Core and WPBakery Page Builder plugins as outlined in the Theme Update documentation.
- Alternatively, if you cannot update the theme, you can install the free Classic Editor plugin from the official WordPress repository and check the replace the Block Editor option, screenshot .
Use the Block Editor and the Page Builder together
To use the new Block Editor (Gutenberg) please uncheck the Disable Gutenberg Editor option in the WPBakery Page Builder → General Settings, screenshot . The Block Editor will take precedence over the Classic Editor and WPBakery Page Builder. You can choose to edit the content with the Page Builder in 2 different ways:
- When you hover a page in the list you have the "Classic Editor" link under the page name, screenshot ;
Additional notes on the Block Editor
- Note that you can also use Uncode Theme only with the Block Editor (Gutenberg) even if the features are reduced and limited to the few models currently offered by Gutenberg.
- Note that it's not possible to use WPBakery Page Builder or other page builders natively combined with Gutenberg (Block Editor) in the same page or post. You can choose to edit a page or a post with the Page Builder or with Gutenberg alternately.