The easiest way to import our demo content is to use the Demo Content Importer. The Demo Content Importer provides you with all of Uncode’s pages and posts, sample sliders, widgets, theme options, assigned pages, products (if WooCommerce plugin is active), and more.
Using this import feature is recommended for fresh installs. The automatic import will NOT replace existing content but it will merge your actual contents with Uncode demo contents. We always recommend running it on a fresh WordPress installation and no extra plugins active.
If this is your initial experience with Uncode, we strongly suggest you import all layouts. You will then have everything needed to begin, it makes it easier to understand how Uncode works, and you can avoid having to create everything from scratch.
The Demo Content Importer will imports about 690+ images, 160+ pages and posts, and provide you with the exact replica of the demo site with placeholders images, screenshot. The images you see in the demo site are not part of the theme package as you can read in the note of the main item page on ThemeForest. This is pretty normal for demo contents in WordPress themes: you buy the theme for the functionalities and layouts. If you are interested in the images used in the demo site please follow this article.
Import all contents
- Check the System Status to ensure your server meets the requirements for a successful import. Nothing should be indicated in red. If you have not required plugins deactivate them for the import procedure.
- Be sure to have installed and activated the required plugins.
- Navigate to Uncode > Install Demo
- Click Import Layouts.
- Wait until the import routine is done. Please be patient and don’t navigate away, as this can take few minutes depending on your host’s performance.
- You will be notified once the process is completed, at which time you can check the results.
- (Optional) If you need to import the main menu of the demo site that can you help navigate the new imported layouts click Import Menu.
- (Optional) If you need to replicate extra Font Squirrel fonts used in the Creative Department and Creative Artist demos please import extra fonts. If you need to replicate extra Custom Web fonts used in the demo site please follow this.
All content relative to plugins requires that the plugins are active when importing the data. Content from Revolution Slider and Layer Slider are shipped separately, and you can install the appropriate content from the plugins themselves.
Import single layouts
You can also import your contents selectively for Single Page, Theme Options, and Widgets.
When you Import Singles you import only the Visual Composer structure of the page. This mean that other elements present in the page like portfolio, blog post or product thumbnails will be not imported as well as Theme Options configurations (menu settings, fonts variations, etc).
The selective page import give you the structure of the page with all the elements and module but not import also external page elements. If you need to replicate pages like the Classic Agency, Creative Agency, Blog Metro or Shop Classic (the list is long) take in mind that you also need to import all the portfolio pages, blog posts and possible products that appear in the page to have a complete replica of the demo layout.
It’s also suggested to Import Theme Options to replicate the general options you see in the Uncode Demo otherwise will be applied the basic configuration of Uncode. The same is valid for the Import Widgets.
Delete Demo media
If you import Single Pages, the entire Demo Contents Media Library of approximately 690 images will be imported. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to import only media relative to a single page. There is no workaround to prevent all the Media Library files from being imported. After the import you have a button named Delete Demo Media that will delete al the images relative to the Demo Contents.