The easiest way to import our demo content is to use the Demo Content Importer. The Demo Content Importer provides you with all of Uncode's pages and posts, sample sliders, widgets, theme options, assigned pages, products (if the WooCommerce plugin is active), and more.
Using this import feature is recommended for fresh installs. The automatic import will NOT replace existing content but it will merge your actual contents with Uncode demo contents. We always recommend running it on a fresh WordPress installation and no extra plugins active.
Please note that Uncode's Demo Content is based on multiple demo concepts. Therefore, even if you see a different configuration for each homepage (color, menu settings, etc), during the installation, a base configuration will be imported from which you can start your customization. In fact, unlike other themes, Uncode offers the possibility to import multiple layouts and not simple website examples of 4 or 5 pages, so there is no common configuration for all concepts that are imported.
If this is your initial experience with Uncode, we strongly suggest you import all layouts. You will then have everything needed to begin, it makes it easier to understand how Uncode works, and you can avoid having to create everything from scratch. Whatever your choice, you have these methods available:
The Demo Content Importer will imports about 110 images, 200+ pages, and posts, and provide you with the exact technical replica of the demo site with placeholder images, screenshot . The images you see in the demo site are not part of the theme package as you can read in the note of the main item page on ThemeForest. This is pretty normal for demo contents in WordPress themes: you buy the theme for the functionalities and layouts. If you are interested in the images used in the demo site please follow this article. Please note that some colors may vary such as the gradients.
- Check the System Status to ensure your server meets the requirements for a successful import. Nothing should be indicated in red. If you have not required plugins deactivate them for the import procedure.
- Be sure to have installed and activated the required plugins.
- Navigate to Uncode → Install Demo
- Click Import Layouts.
- Wait until the import routine is done. Please be patient and don’t navigate away, as this can take a few minutes depending on your host’s performance.
- You will be notified once the process is completed, at which time you can check the results.
- (Optional) If you need to import the main menu of the demo site that can you help navigate the new imported layouts click Import Menu.
- (Optional) If you need to replicate extra Font Squirrel fonts used in the Creative Department and Creative Artist demos please import extra fonts. If you need to replicate extra Custom Web fonts used in the demo site please follow this.
All content relative to plugins requires that the plugins are active when importing the data. Content from the Revolution Slider and Layer Slider are shipped separately, and you can install the appropriate content from the plugins themselves.
Import Single Layouts
You can also import your content selectively for Single Page, Theme Options, and Widgets.
When you Import Singles you import the Page Builder structure of the page. This means that other elements present in the page like portfolio, blog post, or product thumbnails will be not imported as well as Theme Options configurations (menu settings, fonts variations, etc). The selective page import gives you the structure of the page with all the elements and modules but does not import also external page elements. If you need to replicate pages like the Classic Agency, Creative Agency, Blog Metro or Shop Classic (the list is long) take in mind that you also need to import all the portfolio pages, blog posts, and possible products that appear on the page to have a complete replica of the demo layout, screenshot .
It’s also suggested to Import Theme Options to replicate the general options you see in the Uncode Demo otherwise will be applied the basic configuration of Uncode. The same is valid for the Import Widgets.
Uncode Demo Colors
When installing Uncode's Demo Layouts, only one color is imported, and it is called "Blue Ribbon". So, for example, a page that you see on the demo with a purple background color will be blue. If you need more information about the Demo Contents colors please visit the link below.
Import Theme Options & Content Blocks
The Import Theme Options & Content Blocks allows you to import the basic Theme Options of the Uncode demo and optionally the Content Blocks that are used to define layouts like the archives and category pages, the blog header, the custom single product layout, the related posts, and others. With this importer, you can have a ready-to-use 'naked' boilerplate. This importer is perfect if you want to import the basic structure of the Uncode demo and then create your static pages manually, using the Import Single Layout, or the Wireframes plugin. This method does not import any image, screenshot .
Delete Demo Media
If you import Single Pages, the entire Demo Contents Media Library of approximately 690 images will be imported. Unfortunately, it’s not possible to import only media relative to a single page. There is no workaround to prevent all the Media Library files from being imported. After the import, you have a button named Delete Demo Media that will delete all the images relative to the Demo Contents.
A good alternative for those who don't want to import Demo Contents is the Wireframes Plugin which offers similar features but with a different approach. The Wireframes Plugin, bundled from Uncode version 2.1, allows you to easily import over 400 carefully designed section templates that can be easily combined to create a complete website or independent landing pages.
- Replicate a Footer: if you want to make the last Row of a Homepage the footer of your site, please follow: Footer Area;
- Possible missing Icons: some pages do not have the same icons you see on the official demo, please follow: Missing Icons;
- Possible missing Colors: please find a shortlist of the major colors used in the Uncode demo as main Accent color: Missing Colors;