We’re sorry if you are having this issue but whenever this comes up it's 100% due to host performances as confirmed by all the support tickets. The demo content importer simply sends data to your own server, the only thing that can go wrong is an issue with the server receiving the data. All the few users who had this problem and that have followed the steps listed here have successfully imported the Demo Contents.
Before trying the workarounds
If you have had a problem while importing the Demo Contents please:
- Verify that you don’t have red errors in your System Status.
- Deactivate all extra plugins, for example Slider Revolution or LayerSlider are heavy plugins that consume a lot of memory. It's recommended to disable them when importing the Demo Contents.
Selective Import workaround
This procedure is less stressing for your host and require low performances (perfectly works on GoDaddy, 1&1 and Hostgator). Before start please read the complete informations about the selective import here:
- Select all the Posts with the multiple selection option (hold the Cmd key on OSX, hold the CTRL key on Windows) and click Import Single. Repeat the selective import for Pages, Portfolios and Products. With this workaround you will divide the import into multiple steps facilitating server workload, screenshot .
- At the end of the page and posts import procedure Import Theme Options and Widgets.
- Set your homepage, more infos here.
Import all contents workaround
- Check if some medias are being imported in the Media Library. If there are some medias the script has been working but your server stopped the routine for either a memory issue or timeout.
- Run the Import again, if you see that your Media Library is growing, at the end you should have around 110 items in the Media Library. Once all images are imported the importer starts import pages and post. You should see your page and posts lists growing. Generally it is necessary to launch the import only once but in a few cases even 5 times, it just depends on the capabilities of your server.
- After multiple attempts can result on duplicate menu items, more infos here.
Article is closed for comments.