HubSpot is a free, all-on-one platform that comes with all the tools you need to capture leads, convert leads to customers, and turn those customers into your biggest fans. One of HubSpot’s most popular free tools for WordPress users is Live Chat.
With the HubSpot plugin for WordPress, you’re able to add free live chat and chatbots to the pages on your website. Live chat will appear as a widget on your website pages that visitors can click to start a real-time conversation with someone on your team. If you’re not available 24/7, don’t worry because HubSpot allows you to set up automated chatbots to respond to your visitors when you aren’t online.
The best part? All live chat and chatbot inquiries are stored in HubSpot’s free CRM. This helps you easily manage your contacts, segment them into lists, and see every interaction they've had with your website. The plugin creates and updates each contact record with a unified timeline of the contact’s page views, live chat conversations, form submissions, and more. The HubSpot plugin also comes with a host of other free tools too, including:
- CRM database with storage for 1 million contacts;
- Static and dynamic lists;
- Forms builder;
- Drag-and-drop email and newsletter builder;
- Advanced analytics and reporting;
- And more...
How to set up the HubSpot plugin
- Download the HubSpot plugin;
- From the left sidebar menu in your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Plugins;
- Click ‘Add New’;
- Upload the HubSpot plugin to WordPress;
- Once activated, click on HubSpot in the left sidebar menu;
- Sign up for a free HubSpot account or connect your existing account to WordPress.
How to create a live chat or chat bot
- From the left sidebar menu in your WordPress dashboard, navigate to HubSpot > Live Chat;
- Create a new live chat or chatbot flow by clicking Create chatflow in the top right corner of the page;
- If you want a visitor to be able to immediately start a chat with you and your team, select Live chat;
- Over the next few steps, you’ll see options for targeting, display methods, and more. Once you’ve customized the live chat module for your business's needs, publish your live chat module.
How to set targeting to decide where the live chat/chat bot should appear
On the Target tab, you can decide where the live chat widget will appear on your website pages. You can display the live chat widget when a visitor is on a specific page URL, or based on known information about your visitors. You can also combine the targeting options to create a tailored, personalized experience for visitors to your site.
HubSpot’s live chat and chatbots work great on multilingual websites too, as long as you have a website that uses subdirectories for different languages (example.com/fr). Simply build a chatbot in each secondary language that answers your visitor’s most pressing questions, and set the targeting options to display on URLs that contain the relevant subdirectory (/fr/, for example).
Article is closed for comments.