Uncode 1.8 Product Registration
As of Uncode 1.8 the 3 steps Product Registration (Envato Username, Envato API-Key and Envato Purchase Code) process has been replaced with the new Envato Token Registration method. This change was precipitated due to Envato soon deprecating their old API and Envato Toolkit plugin (deprecated) in favor of new and improved API management. This new setup allows for a faster, more reliable and secure setup.
If you had previously registered your purchase, once you have updated to Uncode 1.8, you will have to re-register your product using the new Token Registration method. The new Token Registration method will also enable the new Automatic Update method which otherwise is not possible.
How to register your product
To register your product, navigate to Uncode > System Status and look for the Product Registration section. To complete the registration, you’ll need an Envato Token and the Envato Purchase code.
Instructions for generating an Envato Token
To generate an Envato Token simply follow these steps:
- Login to ThemeForest with the account that was used to purchase Uncode.
- Click on this link to Create a Token.
- Enter a name for your Token and make sure the following four checkboxes are checked: 'View your Envato Account username', 'Download your purchased items', 'List purchases you've made' and 'Verify purchases you've made', screenshot.
- Click the 'Create Token' button, copy the Token and paste it into the 'Envato Token' field of the Registration page, screenshot.
Where can I find my Purchase Code?
- Access your ThemeForest downloads with the account that was used to purchase Uncode.
- Look for Uncode in your list of purchases, click the Download button and select 'License Certificate & Purchase Code'.
- Copy the 'Item Purchase Code' into the field 'Envato Purchase Code' of the Registration page.
Each license entitles one person for a single project. The term 'Register your product' means connecting to our API server and validating your Purchase Code for the installation. With this checkbox you are asked to approve permissions to run the Product Registration and validate your installation. This way you confirm you are compliant with the Envato license and Envato license terms.
Note: One license is valid for one domain only. If you want to use the theme on another domain, then you have to purchase another license. Running multiple websites on a single license is a copyright violation. In other words it is a serious legal offence and is strictly prohibited.
Portability and Deregistration
- Portability In case you want to use your Purchase Code on other domain name (e.g. when you are moving a site from one domain to another) you’ll need to deregister the theme first.
Another method is to directly register the new installation. In this case at the time of the new registration you will have a notification that the Purchase Code is already in use, by clicking on the 'Activate license on this domain' button you will move the license to this new domain and the previous domain will be automatically de-registered.
- Deregistration: To deregister the product just click on the 'Deregister your product' button. Note that this action will also delete any (encrypted) records used for the Product Registration verification.
- Copyright: The billing, licensing terms and process is purely handled by Envato (the company who owns ThemeForest), and we have no control over these aspects. To learn more about what each License is for and which one to purchase, continue reading below.
Currently ThemeForest offers a single license and an extended license. The single license means that you need to purchase one single license for every site that use Uncode. Running multiple websites on a single license is a copyright violation. In other words it is a serious legal offence and is strictly prohibited. So if you are building 3 websites with Uncode, then you are required to purchase 3 single licenses. Even the extended license operates this way but you can re-sell this as an end product. Please note that theme activation is not required however it is strongly recommended to have a validated copy of theme in order to get theme updates and in future benefit of other reserved features.
Problems with Envato Token or Product Registration
If you encounter an error with the Envato Token or Product Registration you may have missed a step in generating your Personal Token or you probably have some Firewall issues.
- Please follow: Product registration not working.