Translating Uncode Theme into a language of your choice is as easy as installing a plugin.
The Loco Translate plugin provides in-browser editing of PO files used to localize WordPress plugins and themes. Here you can find the official Loco Translate plugin documentation.
- A built-in translation editor within WordPress admin;
- Create and update language files directly in your theme or plugin;
- Extraction of translatable strings from your source code;
- Native MO file compilation without the need for Get text on your system;
- Support for PO features including comments, references and plural forms;
- Configurable PO file backups;
- Built-in WordPress locale codes.
Tip for creating a translation
In case you want to create a translation you can use Loco Translate or a third party free application like Poedit and proceed as suggested in the respective documentations. Please remember that some strings are in Uncode and other strings are in Uncode Core (for example those related to Theme Options) so you will need to translate the Uncode Core plugin as well.
We recommend saving the translations in the wp-content/languages/ folder. In this way, when you update the theme you will not lose your translations. Assuming you have a Spanish translation (of both Uncode and Uncode Core) the exact path for each translation will be:
- Uncode: wp-content/languages/themes/uncode-es_ES.po and wp-content/languages/themes/uncode-es_ES.mo.
- Uncode Core: wp-content/languages/plugins/uncode-core-es_ES.po and wp-content/languages/plugins/uncode-core-es_ES.mo.
Create the "languages", "themes" and "plugins" folders manually if they do not exist, screenshot .