In WooCommerce, variations are typically used to represent different options or attributes within a single product listing. However, with Uncode, it's possible, on the products list page, to treat variations as individual products within WooCommerce, thanks to the Variations as Single Products option.
The new Variations Single Products option extends WooCommerce's default variation system and allows you to display variations as different products on your store. This can be useful if you want to provide more detailed information or marketing for each variation. Let's admit we have a store with 5 T-shirt models, and each T-shirt is available in 10 colors; through this option, it will be possible to create a shop page with all 50 T-shirts.
Remember that implementing such functionality requires processing the variations each time a product is added, a variation is changed, and a category, tag, or attribute is added or removed.
How to use
To enable and configure the new Variations Single Product method, please open the Theme Options → WooCommerce → Variations Single Products, screenshot ;
- Variations Single Products: activate this to enable the possibility to have your product variations available as single products in the shop, category & search results when using the Posts module. NB. Please note that the first time you enable the Variations Single Products option, it's necessary to 'Process Variations'. Please also activate the dedicated option in the Posts module.
- Exclude Attributes: enter the ID of the attributes that should be excluded. NB. The values need to be comma separated.
- Process Variations: each time a product is added or a variation is changed, and each time a category, tag, or attribute is added or removed, variations must be synced. NB. It is not necessary to save Theme Options after processing variations.
Once the variations are processed, and Products is selected as Post Type in the Build Query options, it's possible to use it via the Posts module Settings → General tab → Variations Single Products, screenshot ;
- Variations Single Products: activate this to have your product variations available as single products in the shop, category & search results when using the Posts module. NB. Please also activate the dedicated option in the Theme Options.
Possible extra plugins compatibility
- It is important to remember that this variation method is not native to WooCommerce, which instead considers variation as part of the main product. WooCommerce plugins are designed to work with the default WooCommerce features, so possible extra plugins may fail to work.