Problems with Envato Token
If you encounter an error with the Envato Token you may have missed a step in generating your Personal Token. Please continue reading below for the likely causes of why your Personal Token may be invalid. If you’ve checked all the likely causes below and you’re still getting the ‘Invalid Token’ error, please do send us a support ticket so our team can have a look.
- The token doesn’t have access to the required permissions
When generating a new token, make sure the following Permissions are checked; View Your Envato Account Username, Download Your Purchased Items, Verify Purchases You’ve Made and List Purchases You’ve Made. We require these permissions in order to verify if your Uncode purchase is valid and to be able to download automatic updates for the theme. If you’re already using an existing Personal Token, you can go to your ‘My Apps’ page and edit the token’s permissions from there. Simply click the ‘Edit’ button and check the required permissions.
- Missing characters when copied from ThemeForest
When copying your Personal Token key, make sure you don’t miss any characters. It’s a simple thing to miss, but it still happen frequently. If you’re copying your Personal Token from a text editor program like MS Word or Notepad, make sure you don’t copy any extra characters such as spaces, as well.
- The personal token in use has been deleted
Make sure the Personal Token you’re using still exists in your ‘My Apps’ page. If it has been deleted or no longer exists, you’ll need to generate a new Personal Token and use that in your Product Registration instead.
- Token in use is registered under the wrong ThemeForest account
If you have access to multiple ThemeForest accounts, make sure you’re logged into the correct account that you’ve purchased Uncode with. Generating a Personal Token using an account that doesn’t have Uncode purchased will render the token invalid when used in Uncode’s Product Registration field.
- You have not check the 4 required checkboxes
By not checking all four checkboxes may cause your 'Personal Token' to invalidate. Any other checkboxes aside from the four mentioned above are optional.
Problem with Product Registration
Registration works online which means you’ll need a stable internet connection in order to carry out the process. If you encounter an issue (for example, ‘hanging’ pages, or you receive a Not Verified error after supplying the correct data), please check the following:
- Deactivate Authentication Required pop-ups. Make sure you don't have any active Authentication Required services for your WordPress installation. This blocks any access to your server without a given username and password, meaning you won’t be able to communicate with Envato's servers. It’s not a WordPress requirement, nor does it compromise your site’s security – although your web host will need to disable this for you, screenshot.
- Disable any firewall services. Please make sure there are no active firewall services on your server or any firewall blocking extensions on your browser. An application firewall controls input, output, and/or access from, to, or by an application or service. It works by monitoring and potentially blocking calls that do not meet the configured policy of the firewall. It happens that sometimes theme activation is not possible, this is caused either by cURL Firewall or Envato API outage and doesn’t allow our server to retrieve your information from Envato. Not having a firewall doesn’t mean your site is insecure, and your host should be able to remove this service for you.
- Verify if your host is blocking connections from WordPress to external domains. Even if this happened in the very rare cases, please verify with your host if they are blocking connections with external domains. If you want to verify yourself you can install the official Envato Market plugin from Envato. If, when you try to activate the plugin via Token, you have an error like this screenshot , it means that your host is blocking the connection to the Envato's server (the plugin works just like the theme registration). In case please ask them to simply whitelist the domains necessary for registering the product:
- Envato’s server ( api.envato.com )
- Undsgn's server ( static.undsgn.com )